Sunday, May 8, 2016

Update on Life

I know I was supposed to have week 1 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme, and I did the first two days, but the other days I was extremely tired, and I could not get out of bed.  I did pretty well on eating until the last couple of days.  We had a cookout for some of the students my wife is associated with, so the last couple days have been spent eating leftover hotdogs and hamburgers.

Today, I felt like crap.  I have bad sinus issues, and it all caught up with me today.  I've spent most of the weekend sleeping and trying to just take care of myself.  I learned some things about work that were not the most pleasant, and I've been ruminating on how to manage the information I have and what my responsibility is since I now know.

I've ordered a couple of things I think will help with my fitness journey.  The first is a Beachbody performance sampler.  This has things for pre workout, during workout, post workout, and sleeping supplements to help further my performance.  I'm excited to try it, and I will definitely be posting about it.  I never feel like I get the right nutrients for working out, and I know this is going to help tremendously.

Also, I've been doing a lot of research on PCOS, and I'm convinced I have it.  While I've never been formally diagnosed, I have a lot of the symptoms.  While I take birth control to control my cycles, I still feel really symptomatic sometimes when my body is trying to have a period.  i've been doing some research, and I found a lot of people use Teami products to help control the symptoms (bloating, acne, stable moods).  So, I ordered the detox pack today.  I'm excited to try it and see how it works.  Again, I will be posting about this too.

My wife leaves for South Africa next Saturday, and I'm pretty worried about her.  This is the longest we will have been apart with minimal contact in a while.  My mom is coming to help me take care of the dogs, and I'm hopeful I will have enough distractions to manage while she is gone.  She is gone for two weeks, is back for a couple of days, and leaves again for a month residency for her phd program.

So, that's what's going on in my world...and why you haven't heard from me in a while.  That changes this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment