Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Workout Wednesday: The Insanity Begins

Good Evening!

I know this post is coming super late, but at least I am posting.  That's progress for me.  This week has been super hard for some reason, even though I feel like I've started with smaller goals.  my only two goals were to not eat fast food and complete the first week of Insanity: Max 30.  So, I thought I would reflect on my week so far...

Day 1: I could not get my ass out of bed (you'll notice this is a theme throughout the week).  So, I committed to working out after work...AND I DID!  That's pretty good for me.  I thought I worked out pretty hard, and I was okay with myself.  However, today I don't think that I pushed to my max.  I did the plyo as long as I could and then did the modification.  Even with this strategy, I maxed out at minute 4.  I'm not very happy about that, but I guess there's no where to go but up, right?  My food was also pretty on point this day as well.  I had a shake, a health choice frozen meal, and grilled chicken with veggies.

Day 2: I still could not get my ass out of bed.  However, unlike the previous day, I couldn't work out after work.  Instead, I ate pizza hut with my wife (I had the veggie one, but I had a lot of it) and then went to Bible study.  I did have a salad for lunch though.  The one thing I was kind of disappointed with was that I wasn't sore.  That makes me think I didn't dig as deep as I could have (or I have awesome vitamins, but I'm pretty sure it's the latter).  Bible study was nice though.  We started the Book of Ruth.

Day 3 (TODAY!): Today was a combination of day 1 and 2.  I couldn't get my ass out of bed (who is surprised).  I DID workout after work today, and I pushed myself harder.  I reached my peak heart rate for 6 of the 30 minutes.  Those in and out abs and squat lunges killed me though.  I ate the rest of my pizza for lunch, a salad for dinner...then my wife showed me her secret stash of ice cream sandwich cookies.  UGH....

Tomorrow, I'm going to get my ass out of bed.  I am going with my supervisor to a meeting tomorrow, so Im not sure what eating will look like.  If anything, I'm starting to make better choices and am holding myself more accountable than I have previously.  We will see how this progresses.

For daily updates, check out my instagram at themeproject3

No comments:

Post a Comment